I cannot tell you how excited I am to kick off this new week of Be Enough Me Monday with a return to our roots. A return to a list of love and a list of appreciation…for ourselves. I will never forget the emotion of reading the 90 lists that made the first Things I Like About Me so magical last summer. Being able to visualize so many women sitting up a bit taller, feeling stronger, walking with more pride.
And if I am being honest (which I always am), this list could not come at a better time for me. I have not been kind to myself lately. I have doubted. I have engaged in negative self talk. I have even taken out my own frustrations on my family. So today, my list is dedicated to me. To remembering. To the me that I know I am.
Things I Like About Me
- I am not afraid to feel. Some people may not always appreciate this, but I am, and always will be, an open book that allows herself to live the highs and the lows and everything in between.
- I have learned to be a risk taker. I am not sure I have always been a risk taker. Maybe in some areas. But now, professionally and personally, I have pushed past my comfort zones on more than one occasion and am moving full steam ahead, despite naysayers.
- I am a powerful advocate for things that I believe in. Education, students, social good, and people….I stand up for what I believe in and try to help others see that they are worth the effort.
- I am an effective problem solver because of my ability to see the big picture. I am a big picture gal. I am the one that is always reflecting on whether the small details are in line with the overarching mission. I do a lot of questioning. And thinking. And thinking some more.
- I am not afraid to say that I made a mistake. Or to say that I do not know how to do something.
- I am not afraid to start from scratch. I used to be. But I have realized that comparing myself to what I once was, especially when it relates to my running, fitness, or weight, only makes it harder to move forward and make progress.
- I am pretty fabulous when it comes dancing with Just Dance 3. As a member of Team Leticia that took second place at the Type A Parent conference and then First place at BlogHer last year..and the highest scoring member of my family….I am only slightly proud of this.
- I am a life long learner. Social media related topics, educational topics, cultures, history, cooking, skill sets and ideologies. Because the alternative, means being stagnant and stuck in a rut.
- I crave constructive feedback. (See #8)
- I am a dreamer that believes in making dreams a reality. Or tries. Really hard.
- I believe in collaboration not competition. Two heads are always better than one. I learned this in my professional life as a teacher and it has only been reinforced with my virtual life. Being an island is not all that it is cracked up to be.
And there you have it. My list of Things I Like About Me. It is not easy to think about the aspects of yourself that you truly like. Things that don’t have a “but” attached to them. I do have plenty of those as well, but focusing on the good…the things that make me proud of being me, is an excellent reminder.
So…what about you? What are your things? There is no minimum or maximum as far as your list. There is no right or wrong way to put this together. The only important thing is that you BELIEVE in yourself enough to compile the list.
As a special incentive for those that might need more time, the Be Enough Me linky will be open ALL week…as in until Friday, March 2nd at 11:59 pm EST. You have plenty of time to join in the movement. No excuses. No apologies. No sarcasm. Just love for yourself.
We hope you will read, comment, link up,
and explore the stories of others who have linked.
When linking up, please show some JBE love and link back to us
with the BE badge for all to see.
Links to posts not related to Be Enough Me will be deleted.